Is Your Vehicle In Need Of An Air Conditioning Check?
With another Myrtle Beach summer right around the corner, it’s time for you annual car air conditioning service check. Why? Because oftentimes you won’t realize you have an air conditioning issue until the summer heat hits and you find yourself sweating behind the wheel. The good news is a simple and fast AC system check up can identify any potential issues and give you time to get your car’s air conditioning system running at it’s peak before summer. Better yet, an AC check is fast and can be done at the same time as your next oil change.
Why Do You Need Your Car’s Air Conditioning System Checked?
The answer is simple really, all systems degrade over time and your vehicle’s AC system is no different. Over time the cooling efficiency drops and your vehicle will not be able to keep up with the harsh Myrtle Beach heat. Checking your system annually before the heat hits will not only ensure that you stay cool, it also helps identify and fix issues before they become a problem. Oftentimes simple issues can become big problems if you let them go too long unchecked.
How Do You Know Your Car’s Air Conditioning System Needs To Be Checked?
- Does your AC have weak airflow?
- Weak airflow is not just a mild inconvenience, it can be a serious issue with your system. In fact, it can be the most obvious indicator that you have leak or failure. This means you are likely introducing outside contaminates into your system, which will lead to mold and mildew. The leak could be as simple as a loose hose, which is a simple fix, or something a bit more complex like a broken ventilation fan. It could also be due to broken seals in your ac blower, evaporator core, or case. Regardless of why you are having weak airflow, the best course of action is to get it checked out quick before it leads to the dreaded mold/mildew problems.
- Is your AC not as cold as it used to be?
- Uh oh, the age-old problem of your vehicles air conditioning just not working as good as it used to. This is very common, even in cars and trucks that are only a few years old. Sometimes the fix can be a simple a clogged refrigerant hose or expansion tube, or a more complicated mechanical failure. Since the cause of your lack of cool air can be widespread, we recommend a checkup to identify any issues right away. In some cases, just adding a bit of refrigerant will get you back in the cool comfort of a fine-tuned AC.
- Does your vehicle’s system smell horrible?
- The good news is you’re cool and comfortable… The bad news is it reeks in your car! There’s a few things that can cause your AC system to not smell good, and in all cases an air freshener is NOT the solution. This is a problem that is typically the symptom of another issue. The solution could be replacing an old and dirty cabin filter. However it could also signify a mold or mildew problem caused by condensation or outside air collecting in the system.
The good news for your car or truck’s air conditioning system is a quick check up will often identify and fix the issue before it ever becomes a problem. And, since most vehicles do not have a warning light or notification that you have an issue, it is often your comfort or a system check up that will identify a potential issue.
You can learn more about the AC services at Turn Key Automotive here as well as calling us at (843) 293-6793. The best news, Turn Key Automotive offers an inexpensive, $19.95, air conditioning system check that takes just a few minutes.